Showers can put out as much as 27 litres of water per minute. This means you need to ensure you have safe and functional Shower enclosures in place.
Shower trays are specially designed to capture water from the shower and funnel it down the drain. This will help to keep water within shower enclosures and make sure it does not escape.
- Leaking showers can cause a lot of problems. Not only will this make your bathroom spaces damp and mouldy but it can also damage to carpets and flooring.
- If leaking showers are upstairs then this can soak through to rot floorboards and joists and also damage the ceilings below.
- This can be expensive to fix so it makes sense to ensure you have the right shower tray in place that is properly fitted and sealed.
- Only use purpose built shower trays. These will provide reinforced materials that will not be damaged by the weight of the
- person showering or the exposure to the water.
- You can buy cost effective GRP-reinforced acrylic trays for shower enclosures. These are lightweight and easy to install.
- Reconstituted stone and resin shower trays are also available. These are a heavier option but do offer a very attractive finish that looks great in stylish bathrooms spaces.
- Shower trays are available in a range of shapes and sizes. You will be able to find pentangle and quarter circle trays for enclosures fitted into alcoves and other awkward spaces.
- Make sure you choose shower trays that are the right size for the shower enclosure and the amount of water you need to drain away.
- Remember before you fit any shower trays you do need to make sure the floor is level and clear from any debris.
Shower Head Ring
You must install a retaining ring on your shower wall. This will enable you to keep the shower head upright and fully drained. If you leave the showerhead submerged in standing water at the bottom of shower enclosures or baths then you can risk contaminating the mains supply.
When planning shower enclosures make sure you consider the safety aspects. This will help to ensure you build a shower that is fully functional and safe to use in your home.
Shower enclosures will contain water and ensure it is quickly and efficiently drained from your bathroom. This helps to reduce dampness in your bathroom and create a functional and safe environment for you family.